Dogs are social beings. Without proper training, they will behave like animals. They can make your house dirty. Sometimes they can destroy your favorite belongings. Excessive barking, dig holes in your ground, fight with other dogs may occur. Dog Training Chicago is crucial for new dog owners in Chicago. It will make you a responsible pet parent and your dog as a social being. Dog training is not only about teaching dogs obedience commands. Training opens up a line of communication between you and your dog. And effective communication is necessary to guide your dog about what you want her to do.
[amazon_link asins=’0761168850′ template=’ProductAd’ store=’wardendogmake-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’7bc25855-e06d-11e6-89bc-5bc345e22eb5′]
Table of Contents
- 1 Insights for the dog owners in Chicago
- 2 What are the most common dog issues for new pet parents?
- 3 Why do you need a Dog Training?
- 4 Dog Training – a luxury or a need?
- 5 Why do you need a qualified dog trainer?
- 6 Regulations for dog owners in Chicago
- 7 How you will find professional dog trainers in Chicago?
- 8 How to find a trusted dog training Chicago?
Insights for the dog owners in Chicago
Here are some statistics to make you understand about the importance of dog training Chicago.
- A total of 9,158 dogs brought home in Chicago by the end of 2015.
- Chicago is the 8th largest dog owners’ cities in the USA.
- Chicago is the 4th busiest/most active dog cities in the USA.
- Dog owners MUST take measures to control the actions and temperament of their animals.
- Illinois is currently the second state with the most dog bite claims in the USA.
What are the most common dog issues for new pet parents?
New pet-owners face these problems while battling with dogs
- to behave well
- from bite prevention
- from destructive chewing
- on jumping up case
- for not coming when called
- for pulling on the leash
- on separation anxiety
Why do you need a Dog Training?
Dogs are different from us. They have their own special needs and natural instincts. Their mode of communication and behavior are even different from us. Most of the time, we expect a rapid change in their behaviors like us after bringing home. We should manage our expectations to make the best possible situation for both species. Rather than teaching them human etiquette, we should teach ourselves about dog’s needs. We should spend more time on dog training and educate ourselves. This will avoid unwanted frustrations and bring happiness for both species.
Dog Training – a luxury or a need?
Dog training has become more of a science than a skill in recent year. It is still treated as a luxury for pet parents. Moreover, it is still misinterpreted as common skills achievable without the help of professionals. Here are some statistics that will remove your misconceptions on dog training.
- In 2015 dog owners spent $60.28 billion on their pets in the USA.
- Dog owners spend 9% on their pet budget for dog training and boarding.
- Roughly 37% pet-parents give-up job opportunities for their pet.
- 45% pet-parents spend more money on pet(s) than their partner.
Why do you need a qualified dog trainer?
A well trained dog is happier than others because it requires fewer restrictions. The more reliable the dog, the more freedom he is given. Besides, a trained dog receives more attention and interaction from family members and others.
There is only one thing two dog trainers can agree on is that the third trainer is wrong
A qualified trainer can drive you and your dog in the right direction. A good trainer can also provide required guidance. A qualified trainer can drive you and your dog in the right direction. A good trainer can also provide required guidance. Unfortunately, many trainers still practice outdated dominance and punishment philosophies in training. Hence dog owners face difficulty choosing the right dog trainer.
Regulations for dog owners in Chicago
The leash laws in Chicago for dog owners are pretty strict. It suggests to maintain dogs “under restraint” for all non-service dogs or lead when outside of their property. This includes parks where they are allowed in the city. Moreover, the law also states that off-leash movement in Chicago is allowed on the designated parks marked as the dog-friendly zones.
How you will find professional dog trainers in Chicago?
“Pet Services is one of the fastest-growing in the pet industry, jumping 8 to 12% per year. The pet industry continues to see unprecedented growth” – American Pet Products Association
Dog training has rapidly evolved over the past few decades with various new methodologies. So finding appropriate dog trainer can be a challenge for dog owners. Over 5,200 APDT members are providing dog training on 48 countries across the world.
APDT recommends the following open-ended questions areas before choosing the right dog trainer.
- Training method
- Equipment that trainer use
- Educational background in the area of dog training
- Professional associations’ attachments
- Certifications for credentials
- List of clients for checking references
- Client follow-up approach
- List of services for pet owners
How to find a trusted dog training Chicago?
Customers are now more informed, connected, and empowered for choosing right product/services. Now they compare different online reviews and commentary on social media networks on brands. A recent Moz survey revealed that online reviews impact 67.7% of respondents’ purchasing decisions. According to Invesp analysis 90% of consumers read online reviews before visiting a business. And 88% of consumers trust online reviews as much as personal recommendations aka word-of-mouth. Moreover, 88% of consumers strongly consider online reviews before choosing a product from unfamiliar brand.
The list of trusted dog training Chicago providers
|Sit Means Sit Dog Training Chicago||Read|
|Tucker Pups Pet Resort Chicago||Read|
|Best Friends Pet Care Chicago||Read|